When it comes to building a new home, the organic beauty of brick is an absolutely stunning and completely comforting exterior choice. The full line of North Georgia Brick products provides unmistakable, familiar texture and a gorgeous neutral color palette that can add warm visual interest to any design. Other than the attractive appearance of brick, many other valuable reasons make this timeless material worth your resources. Whether you are seeking premium durability, appeal with prospective homebuyers, or long-term financial advantages, here are our top 5 reasons to choose brick for your new home:
- Brick Lasts for 100 Years! – If you build a new home with brick, you are creating a structure that is built to last. Did you know that the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) gives brick masonry a lifespan of 100 years? However, brick structures are rarely ever demolished because of the state of the brick used, and brick can last up to 500 years or more. By comparison, common building materials such as vinyl siding, HardiePlank lap siding, stucco, and fiber cement do not come close to equaling the longevity of brick. Build with brick for long-term success!
- Brick Saves You Money – We all know that money matters when it comes to a new build: Will the material choices retain or raise the value of the home? Will the brick pay for itself over time? Thankfully, more than any building material you can select, brick homes will retain value, appreciate in resale value, and improve value within neighborhoods. Thanks to superior thermal mass properties, homeowners save 20% annually on energy bills (according to the US Dept. of Energy) when heating and cooling a properly insulated brick home. Brick homes will save money on repairs thanks to greater resistance to fire, wind, and other natural hazards, and these qualities also earn lower home insurance premiums. Simply put, brick saves you money.
- Brick is Easy to Take Care Of – Another aspect of brick that saves time, money, and hassle, is the fact that this material is incredibly easy to care for. In addition to requiring no added finish to maintain its appearance over the years, brick is naturally mold and mildew-resistant- the same cannot be said for drywall panels. Since brick is only mildly porous and contains no living nutrients, brick structures do not provide the moisture and conditions for mold spores to grow. Brick can be painted or treated to create a different aesthetic, but there are no painting requirements every 4-5 years like with wooden siding. Also, the yearly pressure washing required with vinyl siding does not apply to brick exteriors. We can all appreciate homes that are easy to care for.
- Brick Is Preferred by Homebuyers – If you are building a new home you intend to sell immediately or in the future, National Association of Home Builders survey respondents have ranked brick as the top home exterior choice above vinyl, stone, stucco, and wood. This buyer preference and buyer confidence comes in part from the greater protection that brick homes provide from wind-blown debris and direct fire over wood, vinyl, or fiber-cement structures. Brick homes are 5-8% lower to insure because they are less likely to be damaged by fire or wind, and this is real protection that families can depend on. Home values are continually on the rise and brick homes have an average resale value of at least 6% more than other building materials. The proof of preference is in the purchase price!
- We Can Help with Every Step – Here’s another reason to choose brick for your new home build: North Georgia Brick’s expert turnkey department offers masonry and brick installation services to help you meet timelines efficiently and effectively. We provide an on-site manager for all our turnkey installations and coordinate masonry crews and material shipments to prevent any delays. In fact, our full-service turnkey tract and residential home turnkey solutions include bricklaying, brickwork, stonework, masonry, outdoor fireplace construction, decorative wall construction, cleaning, material acquisition, pricing, budgeting, and estimating. From start to finish, our turnkey service department can assist your new build for stress-free, successful results.
It’s time to take the guesswork out of your new home build: Visit our Cumming and Cartersville showrooms and our experts will help you select fabulous brick options and help you plan for your dazzling completed project!