The millennial demographic is far more than simply savvy social media users who love the latest dance craze, this cluster of younger professionals and parents is a full-grown market sector with tremendous home-buying power! In fact, this generation born between 1981 and 1996 currently represents the largest group of US consumers and as the National Association of Realtors reports as of 2017, makes up the largest group of homebuyers at a whopping 35% of the total buying pool.
As digital natives to social media, mobile phones, and many web technology innovations, it should come as no surprise that millennials home-buying traits include extensively researching their housing search on mobile devices and gravitating towards builders and communities with robust online presences:
- 99% of millennial buyers searched online for a home in 2017 (Fortune Builders)
- 60% of millennial buyers purchased a home after discovering it first on mobile devices (FB)
Thus, millennial homebuyers are an impressively informed group that is quick to share the ups and downs of their purchase journey with their online communities, as well as honestly evaluate services, brands, and products along the way. So how can home builders capture the attention of this valuable group? Appeal to these research-based content consumers by showcasing the value of a property and the quality materials used to create it!
When it comes to the type of homes that millennials are purchasing, trends show that traditional, detached, single-family homes, as well as suburban homes, are the preferred options. Millennials seek out smartly designed homes created from high-quality materials that provide long-term satisfaction and represent sound investments. As researchers, millennial homebuyers favor products and materials that are authentic and sustainable. That’s where stylish, organic North Georgia Brick varieties come into the equation: Brick is affordable, durable, sustainable, comforting, and gorgeous.
Millennials will land on purchasing brick homes for a multitude of advantages:
- Long-Lasting: Brick has a 100-year lifespan!
- Low-Maintenance: Brick exteriors are fade-resistant and require minimal upkeep.
- Unique & Genuine: The many gorgeous brick tones and styles can produce 1-of-1 visuals and exteriors full of genuine appeal.
- Financial Factors: Brick homes reduce maintenance costs, are more energy-efficient, produce lower energy bills, lower homeowner’s insurance premium, and have higher resale value.
- Safe for New Families: Brick is fire resistant, hail resistant, can withstand wind exceeding 80mph, and resists mold and mildew growth in extreme moisture conditions.
- Environmentally Conscious: North Georgia Brick is made from only raw materials, clay, and water. One of the most ecologically responsible building materials available, clay brick is recyclable and can be repurposed for the creation of mortar, cement, and gravel with virtually zero waste.
It pays to be prepared during the homebuying process and millennials have proven to be wise beyond their years when it comes to purchasing a property. With innovative, easy-to-use features such as the new mortar visualizer tool, as well as gorgeous inspiration galleries full of colorful photography, our North Georgia Brick website is designed to provide an optimal online experience for all buyers and builders no matter what their birth year is! Feel free to pay our brick experts a visit at either the Cumming or Cartersville showroom for even more in-person information gathering and budgeting for your next exceptional project.